Pre- Installation Requirements for Dry Verge
- Ensure all Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Extend the tiling battens 20mm beyond the gable wall or barge board and nail a Batten End Clip to the end of every batten.
- If a batten end clip is not being used we recommend that the batten is extended 30mm over the barge board or brickwork and 40mm (minimum) x 3.25mm ring shank nails are used to fix the verge units. Prior to fixing the batten ends must be in good condition with no signs of decay or splitting.
- Fix the Eaves Closure to the end of the fascia board or brick work.
- Fit the first dry verge section ensuring that it is located onto the eaves closer.
- Nail in position, through the Batten End Clip into the batten.
- As each successive verge tile is laid, slide on a Universal Dry Verge Unit upto the tile toe, engaging with the Unit below, nail in position through the Batten End Clip into the batten.
- Insert a Ridge Closure into the last Unit, interlocking the combs of each Uni-Dry Verge Unit at the apex.
- Screw fix the Ridge End Cap to the ridge batten.
Retro Fitting of Dry Verge
- If dry verge units are to be fitted to existing buildings all of the old undercloak and mortar bedding should be removed prior to fixing.
- A timber batten can then be installed running from the eave to ridge, this batten should protrude 30mm over the barge board or brick work/render for the units to fix into (as per earlier step).
If verge units are to be fitted to timber frame buildings prior to the outer weather covering being applied care should be taken for them to be positioned correctly so when the outer skin of the building is installed the verge units fit correctly and are not in the way of the top of the covering and the gap between the verge unit and the outer skin is maintained. This product should not be installed prior to the outer covering being installed if the eaves closer cannot be fixed Full fixing instructions are given with each Uni-Dry Verge.
Dry Verge Unit: (left hand or right hand) 10 units per pack; 5 packs per carton.
Batten End clip: 50 clips per pack; 10 packs per carton.
Ridge End Pack Contains: 2 ridge end caps and 4 screws; 10 packs per carton.
Eaves Ridge Pack Contains: 2 ridge closures 2 eaves closures and nails; 20 packs per carton.
Compatibility: The Fascia Expert Dry Verge system suits most concrete and clay interlocking tiles between 280 & 345mm batten gauge which are common through England, Scotland and Wales.
uPVC Dry Verge v's Mortar Verge
- Dry Verge eliminates the need for mortar pointing.
- Simple & easy to install in any weather.
- Proves excellent value for money compare to labour intensive pointing.
- Reduces the risk of damage to verge in bad weather.
- Maintenance free.
- Available in different colours to suit different colours of Fascias and Soffits.